Web Design Basic Training
Basic Web Design:
- Computers – if possible at least 2 person share one computer or they can bring their laptop.
- Software – Komeper
- download at: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/kompozer/current/0.7.10/kompozer-0.7.10-win32.zip?r=http%3A%2F%2Fkompozer.net%2Fdownload.php&ts=1375559641&use_mirror=iweb
- Web design concept (5 to 10 min)– What is web design?
- web is actually called World Wide Web, it is a web of different computer in the world to share info with each other with a standard method. Therefore, there is three “W” in each web site.
- it is to share and show information (graphic / text / programs) through the web browser.
- These information is put into a file in order to share, and we called it HTML Files,
- These HTML files are viewed by web browser such firefox, internet explorer, chrome and etc.
- These HTML files is basically text files with special codes.
- These codes controls different things the texts, graphics and things that shows in the browser, such as:
- the format of the text and graphic, such as, size, color, different shape of text or graphics
- its location, left or centre or right, or a position in the web browser.
- Where it is link to
- Attach a program
- In order to create them, there are two ways to do that:
- write the code directly, which you can control more things and do more things in here.
- use a HTML editor to create it for you in a way of “what you see what you get”. It means what you type in and see, you will actually see it in the browser.
- There are so many HTML editor in the world and they have their differences and similarity between them. Today I teach one that is free and popular that’s called kompoZer.
- Let’s open kompoZer HTML editor and create a HTML document
- HTML creation using kompoZer HTML editor and demonstration (45min)
- Use HTML Elements and form
- Use HTML Links
- HTML Images and linkage image
- HTML Tables
- HTML Lists
- HTML Layout – use DIVs
- HTML Forms
Session 2: (Around 50 min)
- File Transfer to server and browse in real world.
- We will use my version of wordless book as an example to do an exercise to use the skill that teaches in Session 1.
- The format is like the following: wordless book
- Then we will upload to a location.